Several notable changes proposed for 2018 Wisconsin waterfowl hunting season
MADISON — The Wisconsin DNR noted its proposed waterfowl hunting season structure and information regarding feedback during March meetings and via written comment in a news release Wednesday, March 7.
Notable changes in 2018 compared to past proposals:
- North Zone duck season opening on Sept. 29, which is a week later than previous seasons.
- Regular season Canada goose season bag limit increase to three geese a day.
- Elimination of the Horicon Canada Goose Hunting Zone.
Public hearings will be held March 13-16 and written comments will be accepted through March 16. following this public comment period, final season structure will be set by the Natural Resources Board at its April 11 meeting in Madison.
Public hearings will be held at the following locations starting at 7 p.m.:
- Monday, March 13: La Crosse, State Office Building, Rooms B-19 and B-20, 3550 Mormon Coulee Road.
- Tuesday, March 14: Rice Lake, AmeriVu Inn, 1710 South Main St.
- Wednesday, March 15: Appleton, Agricultural Services Center, main conference room, 3369 West Brewster St.
- Thursday, March 16: Pewaukee, Wildwood Lodge, N14 W24121 Tower Place.
DNR staff will accept public comments regarding proposed waterfowl season structure at each public hearing. Written comments may be sent to Trenton Rohrer, Wisconsin DNR, P.O. Box 7921, Madison, Wis. 53707 or via email to Trenton.Rohrer@wisconsin.gov or by calling 608-261-6458.