Duck poachers in Carlyle Lake case are arrested
Conservation Police Officers have arrested three men in connection with a duck poaching incident at Carlyle Lake.
Steven Dean, of Granite City, along with Bradley Peters and Daniel Groves, both of of Wood River, face felony charges for their alleged involvement in the illegal killing of more than 30 ducks out of season on March 6. The illegal killings included northern pintail and mallard species and left several ducks crippled.
• Felony resource theft of migratory waterfowl
• Unlawful possession of freshly killed species during the closed season
• Wanton waste of migratory waterfowl
• Unlawful take over the limit of mallard ducks
• Unlawful take over the limit of northern pintails
Groves was also charged with unlawfully possessing a firearm when he is ineligible for a Firearm Owners Identification Card, a Class 4 Felony.
Read more about the arrest in the May 16 issue of Illinois Outdoor News.