State parks offer special archery hunt lotteries Sept. 22
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Approximately 1,600 acres of quality deer hunting land will be available to archers as part of controlled hunts at Buck Creek, Caesar Creek, Deer Creek, Findley, Malabar Farm and Maumee Bay state parks, according to the Ohio DNR.
Hunters must be present at the drawing location they are interested in hunting. Deer harvested in these controlled hunts will not count against a hunter’s statewide, county or public land bag limit.
All drawings are scheduled at 1 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 22.
All hunts are archery-only. Hunters must possess a valid 2018-19 hunting license and a valid deer permit to enter the drawings. Names will be randomly drawn and those selected will be assigned a location to hunt in the park.
Selected hunters will be eligible to hunt their assigned location for two-week increments. Hunters will be permitted to hunt with a partner. The partner is not required to attend the drawing but must be named prior to the start of the hunt.
Buck Creek State Park will have two drawings, with one specifically for military veterans only.
- Deer Creek State Park Office: 20635 State Park Road 20, Mt. Sterling 43143. Contact Zach Woodrow at 740-869-3124 or email@example.com for more information.
- Malabar Farm State Park Office: 4050 Bromfield Road, Lucas 44843. Contact Siera Marth at 419-892-2784 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Maumee Bay State Park Office: 1400 State Park Road, Oregon 43616. Contact Andrew Thompson at 419-836-7758 or email@example.com for more information.
- Findley State Park Beach: 25381 State Route 58, Wellington 44090. Contact Rocky Carpenter at 440-647-5749, ext. 100, or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Buck Creek State Park Office: 1976 Buck Creek Lane, Springfield 45502. Contact John Lewis at 937-322-5284 or email@example.com for more information.
- Caesar Creek State Park Office: 8750 E. State Route 73, Waynesville 45068. Contact Scott Fletcher at 513-897-3055 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.