Kansas Nonresident Deer Applications Due April 29

Application deadline last Friday in April; no
mail-in applications accepted

Kansas is a big destination for nonresident hunters seeking
a big deer, so we wanted to let you know the application deadline
is coming up fast if you want to hunt in fall, 2011… 

PRATT, KS – The Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks (KDWP)
reminds all nonresident deer hunters that the application deadline
for 2011 permits is April 29, the last Friday in April. All
applications must be made online through the KDWP website,
www.kdwp.state.ks.us, or by phoning 620-672-5911 and asking for
Licensing. Mail-in applications are not available, and none will be
accepted. Phone applications will be accepted through normal
working hours on Friday, April 29. The online application deadline
is midnight on April 29. This application applies to nonresident
either-sex deer permits only. Nonresident Hunt-Own-Land and
Antlerless White-tailed Deer permits will be available beginning
July 25 over the counter.

Nonresident either-sex deer permits allow the taking of one
white-tailed deer buck, doe, or fawn. The cost of the permit is
$322.50, and if successful in the drawing, the applicant must also
purchase a nonresident hunting license, $72.50, prior to hunting.
The hunter applies in one of 18 deer management units and may also
select one adjacent unit in which to hunt. Applicants also select
one equipment type and season choice (archery, muzzleloader, or
firearm) at the time of application. Muzzleloader permit holders
may hunt during early muzzleloader season and regular firearm
season using muzzleloader equipment only. If unsuccessful in the
draw, the hunter receives a $301 refund and a preference point for
next year’s draw.

A nonresident who successfully draws an Archery or Muzzleloader
either-sex deer permit in Unit 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 16, 17, or 18 may
also apply for one of a limited number of Mule Deer Stamps for an
additional fee of $102.50, submitted at time of application; if
drawn, the applicant’s archery or muzzleloader whitetail permit
converts to an either-species/either-sex archery or muzzleloader
permit. Preference points do not count toward this stamp. If
unsuccessful in the Mule Deer Stamp draw, the hunter will receive a
$101 refund and be issued the whitetail permit.

A nonresident hunter who doesn’t want to hunt in 2011 can
purchase a preference point online for $22.50. The preference point
will count toward a nonresident whitettail either-sex deer permit
in a future drawing.

To apply for a nonresident either-sex deer permit, go to the
KDWP website, www.kdwp.state.ks.us and click “Licenses/Permits” in
the upper right-hand corner of the page. Then click “Buy your
License/Permit Online” and follow the directions. To learn more
about permits you may qualify for, click here.


Categories: News Archive

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *