2009 nonresident deer applications due June 1

Pratt – The Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks (KDWP)
reminds all nonresident hunters that 2009 nonresident deer permit
applications are due by midnight, June 1. All applications must be
made online through the KDWP website, www.kdwp.state.ks.us.
Downloadable mail-in applications are not available, and none will
be accepted. This application applies to Nonresident White-tailed
Deer permits only. Nonresident Hunt-Own-Land and Antlerless
White-tailed Deer permits will be available July 13 over the

Nonresident White-tailed Deer permits allow the taking of one
white-tailed deer buck, doe, or fawn. The cost of the permit is
$333.21, and if successful in the drawing, the applicant must also
purchase a nonresident hunting license, $72.50, prior to hunting.
The hunter applies in one deer management unit and may also select
one adjacent unit in which to hunt. Applicants also select one
equipment type and season choice (archery, muzzleloader, or
firearm) at the time of application. Muzzleloader permit holders
may hunt during early muzzleloader season and regular firearms
season using muzzleloader equipment only. If unsuccessful in the
draw, the hunter receives a $301 refund and a preference point for
next year’s draw.

A nonresident who successfully draws an Archery or Muzzleloader
White-tailed Deer permit in Unit 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 16, 17, or 18
may also apply for one of a limited number of Mule Deer Stamps for
an additional fee of $102.50, submitted at time of application; if
drawn, the applicant’s archery or muzzleloader whitetail permit
converts to an either-species/either-sex archery or muzzleloader
permit. Preference points do not count toward this stamp. If
unsuccessful in the Mule Deer Stamp draw, the hunter will receive a
$101 refund and be issued the whitetail permit.

A nonresident hunter who doesn’t want to hunt in 2009 can
purchase a preference point online for $21.50. The preference point
will count toward a Nonresident White-tailed Deer permit in a
future drawing.

To apply for a Nonresident White-tailed Deer permit click
To learn more about permits you may qualify click

Categories: News Archive

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *