Never too soon: Ice Is coming!
I don't want to jump the gun, as most know I am a die-hard open water fan, but the ice fishing season is soon upon us and it is certainly a good time to start preparing gear for this upcoming season.
It's time to get out the gear and perform a few checks before the lakes do freeze over and you are stuck inside getting ready when you could have already been all set.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
1. Check your auger blades, No time like the present to get them sharpened up
2. Change your line on your reels.
3. Organize all your gear for better efficiency when on the ice
4. Check your shelter for holes and do any necessary repairs that might come up.
5. Get your cold weather gear ready to go.
6. Earn brownie points with your significant other now so you can get permission slips when the season comes.
Ok, so the last one is in jest, but it never hurts to check off some of those items that you have been putting off around the house.
These are just a few things to get started on. Till then good luck and good fishing!