Boat Validation Decals Needed in Montana

If your motorboat, sailboats or personal watercraft has been in storage for awhile and you're servicing it for the 2012 season, don't forget that watercraft need to sport the new, free 2011-2014 validation decals.

Boaters who have permanently registered their boats, sailboats, or PWC must still obtain two free boat validation decals every three years at FWP regional and area offices, or on the FWP website at at Boat Validation Decals.

Owners who order validation decals on the FWP website will receive the decals in the mail. A current boat registration receipt issued by the County Treasurer is needed to obtain the decals.

If you are a new boat or PWC owner, the County Treasurer's office will provide the first set of validation decals when you register your watercraft.

For more information, see FWP Montana Boating Laws at, or call: 406-444-2535.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *