IL DNR offering public meetings to discuss waterfowl zones, seasons
DNR has planned a handful of public meetings to discuss duck and goose seasons with the state's hunters and provide information on proposed duck zones and season date options for the next five-year period, as well as aerial waterfowl surveys, weather and freeze-up data, and hunter survey data.
According to a statement by DNR, those attending the open houses will have the opportunity to comment on their preferences for the upcoming waterfowl seasons.
DNR hopes to set duck zone lines, duck season dates and Canada goose season dates for the next five years, subject to approval by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS).
Below is a schedule of the meetings:
All meetings are 5-8:30 p.m.
• Monday, June 6 – PASA Park, Barry (located off I-72, exit 20, west of Pittsfield in Pike Co.)
• Tuesday, June 7 – Community Building in Olney City Park, 502 White Squirrel Circle (off Rt. 130), Olney
• Wednesday, June 8 – John A. Logan College (Clifford Doc Batteau Room F-103), 700 Logan College Rd., Carterville
• Thursday, June 9 – Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) regional office, 1102 Eastport Plaza Dr., Collinsville (north off of I-55 at exit 11)
• Wednesday, June 15 – Des Plaines State Fish and Wildlife Area hunter check station, 24621 River Rd., Wilmington (east off of I-55 at exit 241)