The report involves possible upgrades of the Brandon Road Lock and Dam near Joliet, Ill., a choke point between the carp-infested Illinois River and Lake Michigan. continue reading ›
Invasive fish has been found in Lakes Erie, Michigan and Ontario, although it's uncertain how many there are or how widely they have spread. continue reading ›
A lesser-known Asian carp snafu in Illinois illustrates the need for NR 40, the Wisconsin DNR’s invasive species rule created in 2009 continue reading ›
No traces of Asian carp DNA have been found in water samples collected from major Milwaukee waterways, according to the University of Notre Dame researchers who did the sampling. The researchers notified the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources of the… continue reading ›
TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. (AP) – Scientists whose genetics-based research became a lightning rod in the debate over protecting the Great Lakes from Asian carp have made their case in a newly published article that says at least some of the… continue reading ›
Outdoor News Store
Shop our online store for products and gear: Print of the Year, Outdoor News History Book, Outdoor News Clothing and more!
WISCONSIN POLL - APRIL 1ST
Outdoor News Blogging Team
Most Popular Articles
- Trail cam images: A cougar in the south metro?
- Vortex’s move to Barneveld to benefit optics users
- Scopes during muzzleloader season passes Minnesota legislative session
- NWTF awards $10,000 national academic scholarship
- That time of the year in North Dakota: Boat-ramp rage and how to avoid it
- In New York, lake sturgeon showing signs of recovery