Photos + Videos
Biologists are recommending nearly 85,000 "any deer'' permits this year. The recommendation would be an increase of 28 percent from 2017.
WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is moving to reverse Obama-era rules barring hunters on some public lands in Alaska from baiting brown bears with bacon and doughnuts and using spotlights to shoot mother black bears and cubs hibernating in their…
White-tailed deer hunting changes include modifications to antlerless harvest on public land following the weeklong deer gun season.
Anoka, Minn. — Wildlife Research Center founder John Robert Burgeson, 66, of Andover, passed away May 19. A native of Arden Hills and later Andover, Burgeson graduated from Mounds View High School in 1970 and went on to study business…
More than a third of those refuges are on lands in the Great Lakes region.
The three states are in the early stages of planning to test samples from grouse this fall, but at this point there is no evidence that the virus is having a population-level impact in the Great Lakes region.
Proposal is similar to a current requirement for elk killed in the park.
More than 200 people attended public meetings about the proposals and more than 2,000 comments were submitted online, mostly opposing them.
- White-tailed deer fawns fare better in farmland than forests — in Pennsylvania and across North America
- Backyard bounty: Grow a garden to pair with your wild game and fish harvests
- Maine looks to issue most deer hunting permits in its history
- Interior moves to lift restrictions on controversial hunting methods in Alaska
- Your Daily Wisconsin Outdoor News Update – May 23, 2018