Author’s trip turns up some concerning observations continue reading ›
Mostly a problem in the west, where areas are much larger continue reading ›
Alum Creek Lake (Delaware County) — With thin ice covering most of this central Ohio lake due to the recent warm up, most anglers are fishing from the docks and doing fairly well on crappies and bluegills. The most successful presentation,… continue reading ›
Particularly a problem out west continue reading ›
Two are students at Cincinnati’s Colerain High School continue reading ›
Grew out of Great Flood of 1913 continue reading ›
About This Blog
Jane Beathard is the retired media relations manager of the Ohio Department of Natural Resources. Prior to joining ODNR, she was a public information specialist for the Ohio Department of Health. Prior to joining the state, she was a reporter for The Madison Press in London for nine years. She has written for Ohio Outdoor News since 2008.
Outdoor News Store
26 Issues For
Shop our online store for products and gear: Print of the Year, Outdoor News History Book, Outdoor News Clothing and more!
Outdoor News Blogging Team
Most Popular Articles
- Baby wood ducks hatched out and headed to the lake
- Ohio Parks, Watercraft updates agency’s logo
- Realistic fly patterns are incredible, but is that what the trout see?
- A close-up look at a fishing opener boating collision
- Bill would reverse decision on senior lifetime license holders, pheasant stamp in Pennsylvania
- Mixed messages on Gander Mountain closures